Things YOU can do
There are many things you can do to help women and children be safe in your community. Abusers rely on keeping her socially isolated, removed from family and friends: don’t be afraid to ask her if she is afraid of her partner. Here are a few simple things you can do:
- Be aware of your local resources.
- Volunteer to work on your local crisis line.
- Help fund raise for your local DV program/shelter.
- Organize and participate in a court-watch program to monitor how domestic violence cases are handled in your community.
- Get engaged in the political process.